Friday, October 10, 2008

Getting Closer...

Well, it is only 5 weeks away to race day. Thanks to all of you who have helped me along the way with both training and fundraising. I am almost there. I really believe I can do this thing. Not that I am a particularly good or fast runner - but I know I can cross the finish line - and that is what it is about, right?

Yesterday was Richard's 40th birthday. It was really kinda bittersweet. He went the cemetary and visited his dad. Needless to say - that was not what he invisioned at the beginning of the year. It is so painful to know that we will not hear him say "Happy Birthday" anymore or join in the chorus when we sing it or put his arms around us in one of his wonderful hugs.

This is why I am doing this - so others do not have to feel this pain and their loved ones do not have to suffer through the battle of cancer.

If you have not donated yet - please take the time to donate anything. Every little bit counts and makes a difference in this fight. I have attached the link again: http://pages.teamintraining.org/txg/rnrsa08/mmcintyre

No comments: