Thursday, September 25, 2008

After Ike

As you might have guessed, Hurricane Ike has slowed training a bit. Although I was up and awake by 4:30 that Saturday morning, I decided it would be best to brave the storm from within my home. We were very blessed in that we did not sustain any major damage, but we did have one tree down in the front of the house and our back tree was topped. We have since cleaned up with our neighbors and things are starting to get back to normal. The biggest blessing is that we were only without power for 5 days. Frances, my mother-in-law, and Robert, my brother-in-law, as well as my sister Cathy are still without power. In any case, we are all blessed that so few people were hurt.

So I am beginning to get back on a training schedule. This is pretty important as the race is only 6 weeks away! I feel like I am in the homestretch and I am beginning to imagine how great it will feel to cross that finish line.

The bigger finish line though is my fundraising. I am a little over halfway and still working on raising the remainder. Thank you again to all of you who have joined the fight and made a donation. If you haven't donated yet, please take a moment to think about it. Any amount will contribute to bettering someone's life prognosis and will give them hope.

If you have donated already, please tell others you know about this cause and my website. It will amaze you how many people will relate to this cause. Thank you again for your support in this cause as well. I often look at the website and draw inspiration from all of your generosity!

No comments: