Monday, September 8, 2008

Milestone

Well - I recommitted last week. I think that sounds a little funny - so I have to clarify that I have not been committed, although you might think I should have. Rather, I have confirmed my commitment to the LLS cause. I have formally committed once again to raising $2800 and running a half marathon in order to help find a cure for blood cancers. There is no backing out now.

The great news is that I have raised over $1500 already thanks to the support of so many of you!

This has also been a sort of wake up call for my training. I have only 2 1/2 months before the big day. I really need to kick it into gear. So I have to run a minimum of 3 times a week, ever increasing my speed and distance. I am proud to say that I went 7.5 miles on Saturday and I ran over 4 miles of it. That is a personal best for me on the running side of things.

No comments: